Last updated: November 13, 2017. Skip intro? Jump to Top 10 Best Security Camera System Reviews now!
Looking for the best security camera system? You’ve come to the right place. At SecurityCameraSystemPro.com, we’ve spent hundreds of hours testing and researching just to find out the answer for you. Providing security to your property, whether it is home or office is an important portfolio and, as a result, people always put their best effort to fit the best security system to solve their surveillance issues.
Security cameras are the highest rated deterrents to burglars and criminal activity. Security cameras can provide vital clues to the police to identify and trace the people involved in unlawful activities let it be a criminal tress passing, burglary, attack or arson. To track all the movements inside and outside of a premise, you need to install a suitable security camera system.
Presently there are 12 security camera types used for surveillance activities. They are Bullet, Dome, Covert, Outdoor, Discreet, Infrared (Night Vision), Day and Night, Varifocal, Network/IP, Wireless, PTZ/Speed Domes and High Definition Cameras. Each of these has its own specialties and are designed differently to do such.
On a general category, the surveillance includes watching your beloved ones in your absence, taking care of your home and premises while you are away, keep on sending security alerts and video clips to your PC or Mobile phones, etc. This kind of security surveillance let you have a full control of your valuable and beloved ones when you are physically away from the location and let you stay connected.
Some of the important features of security camera system:
It is virtually impossible to stop a crime happening, but it is possible to track crime and give valuable leads to the investigating agencies. To accomplish these objectives, best home security camera system has a very pivotal role to play. Every surveillance camera has different paramount features, and customers can select a best security camera system matching to their requirements.
Some of the essential for a security camera system are High Definition Resolution, DVR Hard Drive for Recording, Remote Viewing Capability, Infrared Detection for Night Vision and Motion Activation. At least these minimum five features are important and you should make sure that the security camera system is offering all these features.
- High Definition Resolution – Cameras with high definition resolution can capture minute details of incidents that a low-resolution camera cannot record. It is important to have maximum details of criminal incidents that can help to nab the culprits. So look for a camera that has a high resolution and higher pixel. If the pixel rates are high, then camera resolution will be more. The resolutions are given in horizontal and vertical numbers for example 1280 x 800. Therefore, look for cameras with higher resolution rates.
DVR Hard Drive for Recording:
It is practically not possible to man somebody to monitor and record the activities beamed by the security camera system. In most of the cases, you need to have your premise on surveillance 24 hours throughout the year. In such a scenario, you should have a digital video recording device that can take care of the complete movements by recording. The latest DVR is featuring with intelligent searching options that will ease up to locate and pinpoint the exact clip of the event with date and time stamp. Therefore, it is a must to have a DVR Hard Drive for recording along with the surveillance system.
- Remote viewing – The modern security systems have changed the way close circuit monitoring was done earlier. They have created apps and interfaces that can help to view images recorded easily on your Personal computer or Android devices.
- Infrared Vision/Good night vision – It is useless to have a surveillance system that cannot show clear pictures even in total darkness. Thus, it is important that one keeps this in mind while choosing the best security surveillance system with best Infra-Red night vision to provide great pictures in total darkness to great distances.
- Motion Activation: This is a wonderful feature where the mechanism starts recording in the event any motion is detected. This feature is excellent when there are no much activities, and you want to record the movement when there is actually some movement happen or some untoward incident occurs. This feature will allow save the recording disc space and also save the cost of operation. This system is good where you required 24 hours surveillance and need the recording only if there is some suspicious movements happen.
Top 10 Best Security Camera System Reviews 2017
#1 – Amcrest 960H Video Security System – Four 800 + TVL Weatherproof Cameras 65ft IR LED Night Vision, 960H DVR, Long Distance Transmit Range (984ft), 500GB HD
Amcrest 960H Video Security System is a strong and sturdy weatherproof camera with good night vision and records till quite a distance. It can record up to six days of activities in high definition, has a backup feature and acclaimed positive feedbacks in surveillance camera reviews.
Some of the highlighted features are as follows:
Day and night surveillance: This security camera is a combination of four high-resolution 800+TVL cameras fitted with 3.6 mm lens for better resolution and clarity. The CCTV resolutions are measured in TV lines, and the more the TV lines, the better the resolution will be. The lens has 75 wide angle view and is supported by two dozen Infrared LED lights to offer visual clarity. They provide crystal clear pictures till about 65 feet.
Huge memory: It has a huge Pre-Installed Hard Drive and can be expandable up to 3 TB for 6 Days of Continuous Recording at high definition. It can record for a longer period of up to 30+ Days on low resolutions.
Best Motion detection and alerts: Using this system, you can program the motion setting requirements of the camera and make a plan for the security alert system 24×7. Its motion sensor can be tuned to meet the individual requirements to prevent false alarm alerts. The system activates DVR buzzer when it detects suspicious movements as per the setting, send warning email and starts recording.
Remote viewing: The modern surveillance camera systems changed the closed-circuit security monitoring by utilizing all the possibilities for remote access. The system used advanced internal UI, and created unique and wonderful interfaces for managing the device remotely or watching images by using personal computer browsers or your Android smartphone.
The pros and cons of buying this camera are:
- It is easy to install
- Produces very clear picture
- Stores 40-60 days of storage which you can go back and record events. After that it automatically records over previous data so you don’t have to worry about running out of storage space.
- Smartphone app for iOS & Android
- Night vision is best of all systems tested
- 24/7 recording.
- Heavy duty metal weatherproof cameras
- No live customer support
- Lots of wires to run throughout location of installation
What gives Amcrest 960H Video Security System a 4.5 star in product reviews is that it delivers high quality and clear pictures at a really affordable rate. You can expect them to deliver best pictures even in the poorest of lights. Being easy to install and totally weatherproof makes them popular among customers. Their remote viewing is another feature that makes them suitable for home and office protection.
Our rating: 4.6 out of 5 stars
Frontpoint is one of the only full home security service providers to have outdoor and indoor security cameras available. The equipment is fashionably designed. Using their free mobile app, users can watch live video feed from wherever one may be of what is going on in and out of the house.
More details of this system:
Full monitoring service. If you are looking for a self-monitored system, #2-10 below are all those. For most, it is convenient to pay a monitoring fee and get a home security system integrated with the cameras. You can also add home automation features to this package.
Live footage from any smartphone: After installing, users get login access to their free smartphone app where you can watch live video feed from the cameras. It can be nice to check what is going on in the home while on vacation, at work etc.
The pros of this home security camera system are:
- Security system + cameras integrated as one
- Live customer support
- Easiest self setup
- Several add-on features
- Available for any household
- $36+ Monitoring fee
- Activation fee
They have recently added the new doorbell camera. This is a very popular product that allows you to view people at your doorstep from your smartphone before answering it. They are easy to install as well as use. Please note – if you are interested in the doorbell camera bring it up over the phone. They don’t show or promote it on their website, it is something you have to ask for and does cost additional.
This is the all-around best choice for the average user. If you want the advanced DIY self-monitoring cameras then you will like our runner up. Frontpoint has been in business for 9 years with customers that rave about their service. You can also call and purchase more equipment to your system later on.
Our rating: 4.5 out of 5 stars
#3 – Amcrest 720P HD Over Analog (HDCVI) 8CH Video Security Systems –Eight 1.0 MP Weatherproof IP66 Bullet & Dome Cameras, 65ft IR LED Night Vision
This is a nice looking weatherproof camera again from Amcrest. It produces some really good HD quality pictures and has a great night vision. It is simple to install and can be monitored through PC or any Android phone. Its Lagging-free analog transmission shows activity in real-time and has a huge memory too.
Important features at a glance:
Provides crisp picture: Amcrest’s HD Over Analog (HDCVI) produces crisp and good resolutions to the surveillance industry, and there’s no struggle to identify crucial details in your footage and no gaps from lag in the feed. It provides high-resolution HD quality image.
Remote viewing: The new generation of security systems changed the closed-circuit surveillance by making remote access a reality. By going beyond an internal UI, they have created unique and wonderful interfaces for remotely managing or seeing your 960H system using common PC browsers or your smartphones.
Day and night surveillance: It provides great picture quality during the day with 3.6-millimeter lenses and a wide 75° viewing angles, along with high-intensity IR-LEDs for clear night vision even when lights are poor.
iOS/ Android Amcrest view app: This app by Amcrest is very easy to install by scanning the provided QR code on the surface of the DVR box, feed a name and press “start live preview.” The system is supported by active interface options for zoom, pan or tilt maneuverings. Also, it has switching features between streams and capturing screenshots. The app also has a playback option that helps to view recorded files with unlimited access by using your phone.
The Pros and Cons of buying this Security camera are:
- Provides real-time video feeds with a crisp HD image unequaled by any other platforms in the private consumer market.
- The cameras’ infrared mode is automatically activated in low lighting conditions helping to capture best quality video.
- Its motion sensor can also be customized to prevent any type of false alarms.
- Their smart apps and designed interfaces help to manage or view your HDCVI system using common PC web browsers or your smartphone.
- The camera’s excellent build quality guarantees the amazing reliability of the surveillance system even in extreme weather conditions.
- Regular technical issues reported by consumers
- Quality of footage recorded can be a bit blurry especially for night vision
Amcrest 720P HD has a clear picture quality and has a wider viewing angle. Being easy to set up and use, it is preferable over other security cameras. It’s plug and play feature, and its own app also provides an instant live feed of the happenings on your smartphone and you can also playback. Thus, it helps to protect your home, and it has got top ratings in surveillance camera reviews. Being weatherproof and having a warranty with lifetime technical support makes it the most popular surveillance system.
Our rating: 4.8 out of 5 starsCheck on Amazon
#4. Arlo Smart Home Security Camera System – 2 HD, 100% Wire Free Indoor/Outdoor Cameras with Night Vision
This camera system is 100 Percent Wire-Free and provides HD quality pictures that are really good and clear. The Arlo Smart Home Security Camera System can detect any motion easily and also can capture excellent night vision images too. The camera is also able to capture clips and can send you alerts whether you’re at home or travelling enhancing a better peace of mind. It has the look, style and is one of the best-looking cameras.
It’s free apps enable remote monitoring from anywhere. Their smart looking cameras provide clarity and sharper details and make it easier to watch any videos recorded from your personal computer or any Android device using their smart app.
Wire free: As it is a 100% wire-free design and has magnetic mounts, one easily places them anywhere without having to worry about wires and discreetly monitor their home from all possible angles.
Great night vision: Their night vision cameras have HD clarity even in darkness and can capture pictures till large distances.
Easy motion detection: Arlo cameras use a sensor that detects changes in heat to detect motion. Arlo records and alerts only when some movement is detected, so no battery power is wasted. Thus along with its own app it uses these sensors to detect motion and notify the owner on any motion so that quick action can be taken.
Weatherproof: These weatherproof cameras are strong and sturdy and can be installed indoors/outdoors easily for security so one can even monitor the exterior of their homes.
The Pros and Cons of buying this camera are:
- Provides HD picture quality
- Very smart looking
- 100% wire free and can be set up anywhere.
- Great night vision and give HD picture clarity in darkness too.
- Receive quick notification for any motion alert.
- Provides up to 7 days of cloud DVR storage
- Can withstand all sorts of weather conditions
- There is no setting in the system to stop video when motion ends and one has to provide an arbitrary time and low battery life
- Since cameras are in sleep mode until motion triggered, sometimes it takes a bit too long to start recording.
- Not 24/7 monitoring like our others reviewed here
Having a rating of 4/5 stars by Amazon reviewers is a great endorsement to consider the security camera a pretty decent surveillance system. Being all wireless is its main advantage and can be mounted easily anywhere, indoors or outdoors. Arlo Smart provide HD picture quality with maximum clarity and motion alert too. Being weatherproof and having seven days of cloud coverage are huge benefits of this camera and is considered as a top home security camera system.
Our rating: 4.7 out of 5 stars
#5. Q-See QT5682-8E3-1 8 Channel 960H/720p DVR with 900TVL High Resolution Cameras and Pre-installed 1 TB HDD
It is one of the best security cameras in town today. It provides 8 High-Resolution Weatherproof 960H/700 TVL Cameras. These cameras are weatherproof but not waterproof. They provide a good HD quality picture and the night vision is up to 100 feet. These cameras also stream live videos to your PC or smartphone directly and provide remote internet monitoring.
Great cameras: The surveillance system includes 8 High-Resolution Weatherproof 960H/700 TVL Cameras. These are smaller in size and design; you can upgrade it to 720p HD resolution by adding the high definition cameras in the future for better and larger video quality.
Day and night surveillance: These cameras provide great quality pictures during the day and up to 100 feet of night vision even in total darkness. Its picture quality is great even in the dark.
Scan and view: The Q-See QT View app allows you to connect easily to your DVR for instant live viewing on a smartphone or tablet. This revolutionary new feature makes remote monitoring an easy job. The app does all the hard work for you, allowing you to connect with just one click.
Easy to install: Installing has become easier with Q-See’s integrated Start-Up Wizard. The wizard allows starting the system as soon as the DVR is powered up for the first time. The onscreen guidance also helps to install the system easily. Even configuring the remote monitoring features is now straightforward
The Pros and Cons of buying this camera are:
- This camera offers a clearer and better picture with 960H resolution.
- Large capacity of storage – you won’t have to worry about running out!
- The Q-See QT View app here allows you to connect your camera easily with any Android/iOS device or PC and Allows up to 10 simultaneous users
- The best pictures even in total darkness up to 100 feet.
- It has three recording modes to select from.
- It is can be accessed by smartphones and provide instant notification on motion detection.
- No extra screws for set up if you misplace any
- There is no power button on the unit, so you to unplug it to start or stop
Q-See QT5682-8E3-1 has bagged 4/5 stars rating by Amazon reviewers and is one of the best security cameras of today and is definitely worth setting up at home to capture HD quality clear picture. It’s a great security system with the remote monitoring features make it worth buying. It is also easy to install and weatherproof, making it one of the best-recommended security cameras in many surveillance camera reviews.
Our rating: 4.4 out of 5 stars
#6 – Ring ‘Stick Up’ Outdoor Security Cam
The Ring Stick Up cam connects to your Wi-Fi at 2.4GHz which makes for a very fast live stream rate. The best part about these cams is the quality of footage you get. Compared to Swann and Acrest, both day and night vision is more clear which can be useful in terms of prosecution if a burglar does intrude. The Ring brand is continually innovating in this space and already has a great doorbell security cam that can connect with this.
The pros and cons of getting a Ring Stick Up Cams are:
- Truly wireless
- Very high quality footage
- Can run off of solar panel or batteries
- Connect to other Ring devices
- Compatible with major security systems
- Cloud storage for $3/mo (per camera, no DVR)
- Quick installation
- Great app support and functionality
- Monthly cost for storage (30 day free trial)
- Cameras have been noted to be temperamental / buggy at times
- Battery life drains quickly (within 2-3 weeks). We suggest to use the solar panel add-on feature.
The price is on point and they have very high reviews so far. When testing, this was one of the most user friendly system if you do not want a complicated DVR + wires kit as shown above. If you are a DIY whiz and don’t mind getting more technical then the #1 setup reviewed up top would be for you.
Our rating: 3.7 out of 5 stars
#7. Sharx Security SCNC3905 High Definition 1080P WAIRED PoE AND Wireless b/g/n Weatherproof Outdoor H.264/MPEG4 IP Network Camera
Want a great picture quality and good night vision from your security camera? It would be best to buy Sharx Security SCNC3905 camera, as it is easy to install and provides great picture clarity and can store video recordings up to 4 days in not very high resolution. It has 18 fps H.264 / MPEG4 @ 1920 x 1080 with microphone for viewing or recording
Most important features:
Weatherproof: It is a weatherproof camera, well built, strong and sturdy. No matter what the weather is, it can provide the best quality pictures.
Day and night surveillance: It provides great quality images and provides great night vision images even in total darkness up to 40 feet easily.
Provides great memory: With the included 16 GB Micro SD memory card, the camera functions as a standalone DVR for motion detection or continuous video. Recording time ranges from 1/2 hour/GB to almost 100 hours/GB based on selected video quality.
Remote viewing: You can view live videos on your PC or smartphones using this system and provides instant email alerts on motion detection.
The Pros and Cons of buying this camera are:
- It has a super solid construction with a weatherproof connection box and a mounting bracket that makes the set up more strong and sturdy.
- Their tech support and the user’s manual are very helpful
- Very simple to install.
- You can use your handheld smart device, or your personal computer to view the camera live or recorded video
- Faces some technical issues at times
- Picture quality is average. 5-10′ range is clear, anything beyond that expect blur especially if trying to zoom in for detail.
Sharx Security SCNC3905 Wireless is easy to install and is quite strong and sturdy. It’s an all weatherproof camera and this feature add up its reliability. It is a good buy for people who cannot afford to spend too much on security cameras. This system has great night vision and can see in total darkness up to 40 ft with great picture quality and clarity this is a great buy.
Our rating: 4.5 out of 5 stars
#8. Annke 1000GB HDD 8CH 960H CCTV DVR Surveillance Video Recorder Indoor/Outdoor 110FT Night Vision Weatherproof Surveillance Cameras System
It is easy to install the camera with excellent security features. It also provides good picture quality and has many features. If you have a small business or are the owner of a home, this would be a great solution to establish a cheap yet strong surveillance system to protect your home or business and be safe. Some of the features of this camera are:
Great cameras: Its superior 960H High-Quality Display is a new resolution standard for security cameras and DVRs and is the perfect combination of monitoring. It provides larger and more detailed high-quality video with at a 34% increase in D1 resolution. It has built in 4.6mm Lens for wide view angle
Remote viewing: By scanning the QR Code found on Network menu, you can enjoy Live Viewing from your smart devices (phone or tablets) or personal computers and know what is going on where.
Day and night vision: It has great cameras with IR-Cut Filter, Color on day/ switch to Black and White at night. It has built in 4.6mm Lens for wide view angle, and 42 Infrared LEDs has up to 110ft Night Vision.
The Pros and Cons of buying this security camera are:
- They are very easy to install and are weatherproof
- You get good technical support for this product.
- These cameras have a solid build and last long.
- You get high-resolution pictures and are really easy to handle
- By connecting it to your computer or smartphone, you can get a live stream of videos from the camera.
- It is not very costly
- Picture quality, not the best and can be improved
- The GUI is a bit messy, and you have to know how to work around it.
- Some confusion in directions given
The bottom line is, if you can figure out the DVR completely, then Annke® 1000GB HDD 8CH 960H is the best system for the money. With great day and night picture quality and clarity, this surveillance system is one of the best. Its remote viewing features and compatibility with most smart devices make it really good.
Our rating: 4.6 out of 5 stars
#9. Funlux® 8 CH Full 960H Security DVR System with 8 High-Resolution IR-Cut Day Night Home Surveillance Camera
Funlux® 8 CH Full 960H Surveillance Camera is one of the best surveillance systems available in the market today and has helped many to monitor their home and office easily. It is quite small and is packed with features that make it quite popular among all. The picture quality is good and provides some really good night vision images.
Some of the important features of this security camera are:
700TVL Weatherproof Camera: This has a 3.6mm Lens for Wide View Angle and provides great picture quality. The camera up to 65ft IR Night Vision even in total darkness. The built-in IR-Cut Filter, Provides True Color Image and makes it look clearer.
Remote Access: To get remote access, connect your smartphone or tablet to your system with a quick scan of the QR Code and see live video. Remote access has never been so easy and simple.
Record Longer: This system’s intelligent recording allows you to record over 30 days in medium resolution with the pre-installed Western-Digital 1TB surveillance hard drive.
Provides great accessories: This also provides 60ft Video Power Cables, 12V/1500mA Power Supply with 4 Port Splitter Cable and a 12V Power Supply for Security DVR along with a USB Mouse.
The Pros and Cons of this system are:
- Easy to install and looks quite small
- It is weather proof
- It has a two-year free warranty on the product
- You can get technical support for life for its customers
- It can record up to 200 days with its 1TB memory.
- It is also quite easy to use.
- One cannot easily playback recordings or make camera adjustments.
- The cameras are not too well focused out of the box, and you may need to make adjustments.
Overall with a good rating of 4/5 the Funlux® 8 CH Full 960H if not the best is definitely good and provides a good solution to your home or office safety. With 3.6 mm lens, it provides great wide angle view, is weatherproof and provides remote access from anywhere. With one TB memory, this is one of the best systems.
Our rating: 4.8 out of 5 stars
#10. GW Security 8 Channel HD 2.0MP 1080P HD-CVI Outdoor/ Indoor
With excellent camera quality, GW Security 8 Channel HD 2.0MP 1080P HD-CVI system is designed to meet most of the demanding requirements that are essential for an indoor and outdoor surveillance system. It has a great range and provides some really high-resolution pictures. This is really easy to install and provides the best service. These units have been tested and tried, and they are totally weatherproof.
Some important features of this system are:
Remote viewing on your PC and mobile devices: The built in new technology allows you to access your system anytime from anyplace. They have made it even easier to connect your system to your smartphone or tablet!
Great cameras: These cameras capture high-definition 2.0MP 1080P HD video 500% greater in resolution and details than standard CCTV Analog cameras & DVRs.
Anti-Interference Ability: The anti-interference ability of IP Camera and Analog is comparatively poor, but the low-frequency modulation technology incorporated on HD-CVI makes the system to provide excellent stable video. This is achieved as there won’t be any high-frequency wireless electric radiation.
Long-distance Transmission: HD-CVI has good and long transmission distance. Where Analog and IP Camera can transmit only up to 300 feet at most while HDCVI, at least, transmits 1000 feet by using RG59 Coaxial cable and there is no distortion in the picture.
Some of the Pros and Cons of this system are:
- It provides real-time HD pictures
- It is weatherproof and vandal proof
- There is a year of warranty and free lifetime technical support for people of USA
- The memory is huge and can record up to 200 days
- It is easy to install
- Requires not too much of care and is quite strong.
- The software is a big issue in this system and may cause you problems initially.
- It takes a little time to install
With built-in 2TB memory and transmission up to 1000 ft, GW Security 8 Channel HD 2.0MP 1080P HD-CVI Outdoor/ Indoor is a great system. These cameras provide great picture quality and allow easy remote access. The anti-interference quality makes them really special. These systems are also weatherproof and vandal proof. They are quite easy to install.
Our rating: 4.8 out of 5 stars
Runner Up – GW Security 32 Channel 960H DVR Security Camera System with (32) x 900TVL Outdoor Indoor Bullet 2.8-12mm Varifocal Security Camera
The GW Security 32 Channel 960H DVR is an affordable and economic day night vision CCTV security camera. It has some great features and has thus become so popular among the consumers. Its built-in infrared LEDs are used for night vision up to 120ft distance. Many security camera system reviews have given full appreciation for its great picture quality and compatibility to use with almost all smartphone devices and recommended this as a dependable surveillance unit.
Some important features of this system are:
Day and night surveillance: This is an affordable economic day night vision CCTV security camera. It has built-in infrared LEDs that can be used for night vision up to 120ft distance. This camera also provides you 900TV Line for High resolution and 2.8~12mm Manual Zoom Varifocal Lens, which allow you to adjust the angle of View.
Plug and play: For playing Analog cameras, the DVRs are fitted with universal plug & play system. These features allow you to watch the surveillance activities 24×7 unlimited with the provided free apps exclusively for Android, iOS and Windows that are compatible with other devices too.
Huge memory: This system comes with a pre-installed 4TB Hard drive (DVR Capacity Up to 32TB), which gives you a lot of space to capture important footage and make observations.
Easy to use: The system is easy to use especially with the user-friendly interface, simple mouse operations, and stress-free menu navigation, etc.
Some Pros and Cons of this system are:
- This is easy to install and has no programming issues.
- Has infrared LED for night time vision up to 120 ft.
- Has very good picture quality. It is easily compatible with various devices.
- It has a huge pre-installed memory
- They can be installed anywhere and very easily.
- Has lifetime technical support in the case of any problems.
- Sometimes faces technical issues
- Maybe a bit overhyped.
With 4.5/5 star ratings from consumers, the 32 Channel 960H DVR surveillance system is definitely a reliable surveillance system that offers wonderful performance. This Security Camera System provides you with 960H high resolution and a 500% increase over CIF, giving a sharper, undistorted image along with remote access and a great memory.
Our rating: 4.7 out of 5 stars
‘Honorable Mention’ – GW Security 16CH 1080P NVR Network IP Security Camera System – 16 x HD 1080P Varifocal Zoom 80ft IR PoE IP Dome Camera
The GW Security 16CH 1080P NVR is designed to meet challenging task of security and surveillance. With outstanding weatherproof quality, immaculate night vision features, remote access features and many more incorporated in the system to deliver the best results. The best safety features are compatible other electronic devices and modern smartphones. With great picture clarity and remote monitoring, this system is the best for the safety of your home and office.
Some of the important features of this system are:
Great picture quality: Every IP camera delivers 5.0 megapixels at 2592 x 1920 pixels with sharper and larger image and video than 720p security cameras. They capture high-definition 1080P HD video three times higher than 720P camera
Remote access: This system supports Remote View via smartphone & 3G Mobile.
Good night vision: These cameras also provide great night vision pictures with great clarity in total darkness up to great lengths.
Weatherproof: These cameras are weatherproof and provide great picture even in extreme weathers.
Some Pros and Cons of this system are:
- They are strong and well built with high reliability
- They are weatherproof
- It provides high-resolution pictures having great clarity
- It can be monitored by PC and other Android/iOS devices easily
- It’s easy to install and can be adjusted when required.
- It has lifetime technical support in case of any problem
- Does not have the best user’s manual and is confusing
- Its network interface is a little difficult to comprehend.
GW Security 16CH 1080P NVR system looks to be working well for the customers and is in huge demand. With great day time and night vision pictures, this camera is a great security camera. With remote access and weatherproof features, it makes for a great surveillance system. The cameras are also great with a wide lens to enjoy the great angle of view.
Our rating: 4.5 out of 5 stars
The ultimate guide to choosing A Security Camera System
While choosing a security camera system for your home or office, you have to keep many things in mind, like where it has to be installed, how many cameras do you require, for what purpose do you require them, etc. Thus, it is not an easy job, and you have to be absolutely clear about you requirements.
Let us find out what are the essential things to be considered while buying a surveillance system.
Need one or more than one camera
Whether you choose a single or many cameras surveillance solution depends on the size and layout of your property. If you need to know what’s happening in the vast outside area or any rooms, you’ll need more than one camera for better surveillance of the area. As a general rule, many homes or small businesses can be easily monitored with four cameras. Alarm Reviews states that many people connect their home or business camera system with the best home security system. One has to make sure each camera can focus on the key areas of space you’re monitoring, including doorways and other opening or entrances like windows, roofs, crawl spaces, anywhere an intruder can gain access from. You can always increase the number of cameras as per your requirements.
Will you be using the cameras indoors or outdoors?
Some surveillance cameras are specially designed for either indoor or outdoor use.
- Indoor cameras tend to be smaller, lighter and generally less visible than the outdoor cameras.
- The outdoor cameras are often costlier than the indoor models because they’re built to withstand not only the weather elements but also attacks from vandals, thieves, and intruders. Many of today’s higher quality security cameras are designed for both indoor and outdoor use.
- For an extra area of hidden protection, outdoor surveillance cameras can be disguised as common objects. You can choose a hidden camera and built-in digital video recorder disguised as anything you feel like that is not very obtrusive.
While many business and office compounds are well lit at night but homes are not generally seen well lit. The dimly lit the area, the more likely thieves are going to see it as their target. If you want to protect an area with poor lighting, you’ll have to get an infrared camera system. Cameras with IR features, which is also known as the night vision cameras can shoot and record in complete darkness, and they’re important tools in many surveillance areas. Some cameras may not be infrared ones, but they can also function in dim lights. To help you to compare the features, some manufacturers provide a minimum illumination rating known as LUX. The lower is the LUX rating; the better is the camera’s capacity to capture images in low light.
How far or wide angle the security cameras can cover?
The answer to this question depends on your lens size of the camera. So before buying you should see the lens size and focal length the lens can cover. How wide of a viewing angle you need is depending on the image sensor of the camera? Larger image sensors allow more light into the picture and give you a better and wider view of the picture. For example, a sharper lens will help to see almost all around. If you put it in the corner of a room, you’ll see almost the entire room. But other lenses will only give you a viewing angle of roughly a partial side.
What degree of recording resolution do I need?
This is a known question when it comes to surveillance systems. Around 550 lines are enough for an indoor system to monitoring a single area under proximity. If you intend to use the surveillance system for a longer distance, I recommend you to select the resolution of the camera to 700+ that can offer satisfactory image quality.
Do I need weatherproof cameras?
If you want to use the surveillance system in the outdoors, it’s better to go with cameras that can withstand any weather. It provides a sense of peace to know your cameras are not affected by extreme rain, wind or snow. You can also place them under an awning or area that is covered and dry.
How easily can I set up remote viewing on my security cameras?
- Every system has its own way of allowing the clients to view the videos the system provides. One must consult your instruction manual for details.
- Most DVRs are remote viewing capable out of the box. You can watch live events and recorded video from any computer. You can also use apps provided by some systems for easy viewing on your smart phones or PC. All you need is a high-speed Internet connection to your DVR.
Is it important to consider the company or brand of the security system?
Yes, it is important to consider the company or brand before purchasing a security system.
One should see:
- Do they only deal in security products or is it just a side business for them?
- How long have they been in the business?
- Finally, is the technical support in-house or by a foreign call center?
While buying any security systems, we should keep all these questions in mind get answered, since it is our safety we are talking about. We should not go for cheap products as they may not function the way how are expected to work it. Thus, we have to be really careful while buying our security systems and make sure we buy the best one.
Some important tips for a quick reference:
Since security is an important part of our life, we must take it seriously and choose from among the best. So in short while buying these units keep these things in mind:
1) Don’t break your budget
2) Pick indoor or outdoor
3) Know your target view point
4) Decide on visible or discrete
5) Do you need on night-vision?
6) Pick a resolution you actually need
7) Remember viewing
8) Consider connectivity
9) Software supports
The security camera system reviews have touched various pros and cons of the surveillance systems and highlighting many important technical aspects. Protecting our homes and offices is always a paramount factor, and it must not be taken lightly. So, one must choose wisely and select the best surveillance system for their property.
10. You may want to combine security cameras with a home security system
Many people like having everything interconnected in their home. Having a separate cameras and security system can cause quite the headache. Most home security companies now offer cameras in their packaging along with a monitoring rate typically under $50.
Best technology always for your help:
Keeping the security in mind, we must always select the best home security camera system that can provide the best results and without considering much to the price factor. Spending money for a security system is not the final factor, because the system must be able to meet your objectives. Albeit, it is a fact that the more you spend, the better will be the quality and of course with a bundle of features you get.
Of the higher-end features, I’d like to put night vision at the top. Motion detection is also highly desirable, but make sure you can adjust the sensitivity and narrow the range of the scan. You don’t want legitimate moving objects such as windblown plants generating false positives. If you can properly tune the system, you may also want it to send a text message to your phone when motion is detected.
A good security camera system is always designed to meet your expectation and work as a real-time deterrent. It must be able to record any eventualities and can alert you at the right time. Before you decide on a particular surveillance systems, read and try to understand the features of various security camera systems and read various customer reviews. Considering the various options available on security camera system, whether you want to use the security camera indoor or outdoor, whether you need a wireless or wired system, this guide will help users select the best security camera system to meet your requirements.
A video from Homesteadprepper that you get some useful tips: