Buying Uniden? Start with these Reviews First
Uniden corporation is a Japanese company with a large presence in America. They are producers of a wide range of video surveillance systems aimed at bolstering security for both home and offices. They are producers of the Guardian range of wired security camera systems as well as WIFI cameras and wireless security systems. The Uniden security cameras cut across a wide range of functions to fit different security needs. This review cuts across some of the latest Uniden security cameras, their specification and pros and cons.
Up for review are the following security cameras:
- Guardian G71644D3 Wired Video Surveillance System
- Guardian UDR780HD Wireless Security Kit
- Uniden UDS65
- ULC58 LightCam
- AppCam26 PT
First up – Their Guardian HD Kit
The Guardian G71644D3 Wired Video Surveillance System is a complete video surveillance system by Uniden. It boasts an array of features to make a great tool for home and office surveillance.
Out of the box features include:
- 1/2.7″ CMOS Sensor
- Dome cameras for indoor use, bullet cameras available also
- Night Vision up to 100′
- Watch All Your Cameras on Your Smartphone or Tablet
- 16 channel
- Up to 6TB storage, 3TB preinstalled
- Weatherproof rating of IP66
- Night vision range optimal compared to other surveillance cameras with same price range
- Video field is adequate. Offers 1080p resolution
- Motion detection and mobile alert functions available.
- Pricey compared to others
- No instant customer support
Next, we have the Guardian UDR780HD
The Uniden UDR744HD is a video surveillance system comprising of a 7inch HD touch screen display and 2 outdoor cameras. This surveillance system finds use in homes and small businesses where there isn’t need for too many cameras. Installation of the Uniden UDR7444HD is easy as it doesn’t require any professional installation.
Out of the box features include:
- 8GB SD card included. Expandable up to 128GB
- 2-way audio
- IP66 weather rating
- 1020 x 600 video resolution
- Comes with 2 cameras, expandable up to 4 cameras
- Remote access on mobile devices both iOS and android and alerts.
- Installation is easy. Set up is DIY and takes less than 15 minutes typically.
- Portable monitor gives you access to live video from anywhere
- Sub-optimal night vision of 40 ft.
For the third ‘best of’ Uniden choice, we suggest the ULC58 ‘LightCam’.
This is a outdoor camera by Uniden that functions differently from the already reviewed security cameras unit. The ULC58 functions as both a spotlight with its built it LED lights and a security camera. The night vision feature provides clear video up to 45 feet. The ULC58 is compatible with the UDR780 security kit.
The ULC58 LightCam boast of features such as
- Built in LED light
- Two-way audio
- 1080p HD video resolution
- Timer and Dimer feature
- Night vision up to 45 feet
- Easy to setup
- Accessible via the free mobile app, available on both Android and IOS.
- Motion sensor
- No storage out of the box
- Requires the UDR780 security kit for full function.
4 – Similar to other models, our fourth on the top list is Uniden AppCam26PT
The Uniden AppCam 26PT is a different type of WIFI camera that is intended for indoor use. The camera offers a pan tilt and zoom functionality and also offers HD Quality video. While the AppCam might support memory card storage up to 32GB, there is none included in the box so users have to purchase that separately. It comes with a built-in microphone and provides night vision up to 20 ft.
Additional features include
- Video quality of 720p @ 15fps
- Manual/Motion recording
- Not pricey
- It can take video from any angle
- With the free AppCam app, you can remotely access video feeds and take snapshots while recording.
- Specification seems obsolete as more cameras are available with better spec.
- No SD card in the box
- Night vision is suboptimal @ 20 ft.
Last on the lineup of Uniden Security cameras is the UDS65 Unit
The Uniden UDS65 camera system is similar to the UD780 in that it offers a 7-inch capacitance display and 2 cameras out of the box, where they differ is that the UDS65 is a rechargeable camera system that offers up to 3.5 hours of battery use and 8GB SD card that offers up to 40 hours of recording.
- Night vision up to 40 ft.
- 2 cameras but upgrade-able up to 4 cameras with simultaneous recording from all 4 cameras
- IP65 weather rating
- Two-way audio
- 4GB Memory card included
- Recording options available
- DIY installation that isn’t complicated
- Rechargeable power option
- Portable 7-inch mobile display
- Night vision can be better.
- Better options available at the same price.
Final Verdict on Uniden Security Cameras
Uniden is a leading provider of security cameras; the newer camera systems they offer comes with the best of specifications. Customer feedback show the systems are durable. If you have used any of these systems or any of Uniden security cameras, tell us about it in the comment section below.