Zmodo PKD-DK4216-500GB H.264 Internet & 3G Phone Accessible 4-Channel DVR, a true security camera with intelligent features!
Zmodo PKD-DK4216-500GB is a security surveillance camera manufactured by Zmodo with remote viewing features! With 4 night vision cameras supported with 11 LED bulbs the security camera is designed to deliver the best surveillance warning service for its owners. These cameras use 6mm lens and 1/4 inches Color CMOS Image Sensor and use embedded Linux operating system. You can mount these surveillance cameras on the wall or ceiling depending on your requirements. With a night vision for about 30 feet, this surveillance camera is helpful in checking shoplifters; burglars or any unwanted visitors into your premises.
Zmodo PKD-DK4216-500GB is an advanced H.264 smart DVR that allows the user to access it remotely from both the internet via internet explorer and/or select 3G smart cell phones including your Blackberry, Android, iPhone, and iPad. The PKD-DK4216-500GB includes 4 indoor/outdoor night vision cameras with 60ft of cable per camera; a pre-installed 500GB security hard drive and a simple point and click interface all combined into an easy to use H.264 smart DVR. With network access, VGA video output and USB2.0 backup, the DVR is perfect for the home or small business. In order to view the captured footage in big monitor screens, this product is accompanied with VGA or BNC cables. The day and night cameras are weatherproof and 600 TV lines of resolution.
The security camera uses H.264 Compression Technology used to compress the footage and consequently allows the user to record continuously for about a week. Another key feature of this product is that you can view images or snapshots from your smartphone with the help of Zviewer application. As a result of this; the security camera allows the user to constantly have an eye on his/her home or office with the help of internet. The camera backs up the footage using the 500 GB hard drive. You can also migrate this footage to a USB drive of Zmodo PKD-DK4216-500GB and also capable of detecting images based on motion and hence the user can choose to save hard disk space without having to record motionless footage.
How does it work?
With the help of the given user manual, the buyer will have to install the cameras indoor or outdoor as the case may be. Once the cameras are turned on, the recorded footage start getting stored on the 500 GB hard drive provided along with. The user should setup the recording mode as either Continuous or Time Schedule or Motion Detection, depending on which the data is captured. The user can control the surveillance system using the remote control provided. These data can be transferred periodically to a flash drive or USB 2.0 if required.
Zmodo PKD-DK4216-500GB is suitable for those who want a basic surveillance system with moderate picture quality. You can use the cameras for both residential and official purposes. Additionally, you can install these cameras for indoor or outdoor surveillance.
- The Zmodo PKD-DK4216-500GB stores data in chronological order. Thus enables the user to retrieve the required footage by merely providing the required date and time.
- The user can rewind or fast-forward the videos with the help of the remote control. The user can also choose to receive snapshots by e-mail at a regular interval of 1 to 10 minutes.
- This product comes with 12-month warranty and lifetime tech support, gives more confidence to the buyers.
- When the memory of the hard drive is full, there is an option to make the system beep for alert. Alternatively, the user can also choose to overwrite the data, when the memory is full.
- The user can protect the footage using a password and thus prevent leakage of data to unauthorized people.
- You can access the DVR data remotely by using “Internet Explorer” or “Netviewer.”
- You can also access the DVR footage by using smartphones like Blackberry, Android, iPhone and even iPad
- Though Zmodo PKD-DK4216-500GB comes with night vision cameras, the images captured during the night are not as much as satisfactory as the ones captured with daylight.
- Another disadvantage of this product is that the cameras do not capture audio, while many other cameras in the market in the same price range, capture both audio, and video.
Customers primarily love Zmodo PKD-DK4216-500GB as it is easy to install and operate. However, you need basic insight to establish the network setup. With motion detection, H.264 compression, and password protection features, the security camera easily gains confidence of the buyers. The ability to monitor all four cameras using split-screen or one at a time is considered as an added advantage and highlighted feature of the camera. The security camera is a worthy investment and offers satisfactory performance for all those buyers who are willing to own a basic surveillance system for either residential or business purposes. No wonder; this security camera is being recommended by more than 70 percent of the buyers as per various review forums. Precisely, Zmodo PKD-DK4216-500GB is a ‘must-have’ system for any household or official premise!